JG Afrika is looking to employ a Water Engineer in the Water Division for their Pietermaritzburg offices.
• Must have a minimum of a B Sc. or B Eng. degree in Civil Engineering. Must be a Professionally Registered Engineer (Pr Eng.) Experience
• Must have a minimum of 10 years relevant years’ post-graduation experience in a consulting engineering environment including design, and contract documentation,
• Must be competent in AutoCad, Civil Designer, MS Office and MS Project. A good working knowledge of Surge Analysis software, Hytran would be an advantage.
• Must have working knowledge of GCC 2015 (Knowledge of NEC and FIDIC conditions of contract would be advantageous).
• Must be able to lead projects and manage other team members.
• Must have good communication skills and ability to work under pressure.
The successful incumbent will be responsible for the design of predominantly water related work. Other key responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
• Completion of technical designs.
• Compilation of tender documentation in various formats.
• Management of projects and technical teams.
• Leading projects in terms of overall project management.
• Mentorship of junior technical staff in terms of design & engineering practices
• Keeping up to date with software and design tools to assist with design
JG Afrika are committed to the principals of BEE for the advancement of previously disadvantaged individuals.
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.
Name: Jacqui Sonderegger
Quote Reference: PMB0074