JG Afrika is looking for a technically experienced and professionally registered Senior Water Engineer with a passion for mentorship, skills transfer and development to head up the water division design office based in our Pietermaritzburg office.
• BSc or MSc
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in water engineering
• Technical experience in water pipelines, pump stations and other water-based projects
• Knowledge in relevant standards, regulations, and legislation in water
• Sound experience with AutoCAD, Civil Designer or Civils3D
• Large Diameter pipelines and Reticulation Networks
• Civil and Mechanical to Pump Stations & Water Treatment Works
• Process design of Water Treatment Works
• Water conservation demand management
• Asset management
• Technical competence in Civil 3D Solid Works-Plant
• Engineering and management of water projects including interfacing between engineering disciplines (structural, mechanical, environmental, electrical and control & instrumentation)
• Design and engineering analysis of water projects: pipelines, pump stations, reservoirs, water treatment works etc.
• Conduct project design reviews and suggest technical and design developments
• Preparation and management of technical specifications, bills of quantities, tender documentation and evaluations.
• Monitoring project construction and acceptance including site visits, supervision and contract administration
• Project management – track progress and resource planning
• Mentor and supervise junior engineers including reviewing, checking and approving work output.
• Contractor liaison
• Ability to work within technical teams and individually
• Good communication skills, specifically with the guidance and mentorship of younger Engineers and technologist
• Good technical report writing skills
• Ability to manage time, quality and effort in order to deliver a quality product with time & cost constraints
• Ability to coordinate and mange projects
• Ability to work under pressure
JG Afrika are committed to the principals of BEE for the advancement of previously disadvantaged individuals.
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.
Name: Jacqui Sonderegger
Quote Reference: PMB0080