JG Afrika is looking to employ an Engineering Hydrologist with +5 years’ experience in the Mining Sector, Storm Water Management Planning and Water Balances.
This is a permanent position and will be located in our Hilton office in the KZN Midlands.
Duties will include (but not be limited to) the following:
• Developing national / regional water balance plans
• Water resources yield and planning analysis
• Water Services Development Plans
• Water Conservation and Demand Management Plans
• Master planning and network analysis
• Catchment hydrology assessments including rainfall-runoff modelling
• Design flood hydrology
• Hydraulic modelling
• Conceptual design and sizing of stormwater infrastructure
• Flood risk assessment and flood line determination
• Water and salt balances
• Determining the social and economic aspects of water resources
• Mentoring of junior staff
• Business Development, compilation of proposal documents and costing
• Scientific report writing
BSc Eng (Civil) or BSc Hydrology (Hons), preferably Master’s level
A proven track record of water resource planning and modelling in small and large systems
Professional registration (Pr.Sci.Nat or Pr.Eng)
Must have solid experience in mining sector, storm water management planning and water balances.
Experience working on international projects would be an advantage.
Extensive knowledge and experience using typical modelling systems used in South Africa (ACRU, Pitman, PC SWMM, WRYM, WRPM, HECRAS, GoldSim, WEAP, SWAT, Mike modelling and DSS tools) and the use of GIS are required.
Must have strong inter-personal and networking, business development and project management skills.
Additional skills and experience that would be advantageous:
• Experience in multidisciplinary water-related studies (national, regional water planning studies, and individual water infrastructure project feasibility studies)
• Climate change and assessment of potential impacts on water resources and supply
• Risk and Vulnerability climate and water assessments
• Hydraulic design of drainage structures
• Water quality analysis for mining and industrial clients
• Training and capacity building
• Development of hydro-informatics systems / hydrological databases
• Design and implementation of hydrological gauging networks
• Modelling and implementation of contemporary adaptation options (such as Ecosystem based Adaptation)
JG Afrika are committed to the principals of BEE for the advancement of previously disadvantaged individuals.
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.
Name: Jacqui Sonderegger
Email: [email protected]
Quote Reference: PMB0092